Training Course categories are listed below. Click on a desired category name for a more specific list of scheduled courses.
Instructor: Patricia Culotti
WPTA-Approved for 12 Contact hours.
Prerequisites: Proficiency in elements taught in Course One (formerly Levels 1-2)
Remote training is now available. See below for further details. Brochure and registration links are at the bottom of the page.
Course Description: Teaches all elements required for TCF Level Three Certification. Participants learn Parts 2 and 3 of the TCF Form and review all Basic Moves. Includes teaching practicums, techniques for using TCF with specific populations, advanced training in sensing qi and introduction to Energize exercises.
The course includes presentations by certified instructors on program applications in group wellness settings as well as therapeutic assessment and intervention tools. This course qualifies as partial contact hours fulfillment for TCF Instructor Certification Level Three.
The Tai Chi Fundamentals® Program (TCF) provides gateway to a Yang Style lineage tai chi form, and a bridge between tai chi practice and the medical model. The first program of its kind, it provides a clear, systematic approach for mastering tai chi basics that builds from simple to complex patterns of movement. Integrates mind/body components of tai chi with clinical overview, movement analysis, therapeutic & functional applications.
Program Elements: movements are taught in a motor development progression and can be modified for use with walkers and wheelchairs. Includes:
Development: in 1996 by Tricia Yu, MA and Jill Johnson, MS, PT, targeting elements from traditional tai chi that enhance balance, coordination, strength and endurance.
The TCF Program has been featured in: PT Journal, Journal of Rehab Management, The Gerontologist, APTA’s GeriNotes, Medline Plus, Topics in Geriatric Rehabilitation. Journal of Asian Martial Arts, Wellness Program Management Advisor, American College of Sports Medicine’s Health and Fitness Journal, and Massage and Bodywork.
1. This course will be offered both in-person and on Zoom. Please choose your preferred option when registering.
2. For in-person option: There is a limit of 8 people for the in-person training. We will all wear masks and observe social distancing. If there is unanimous agreement to not wear masks, this will be considered.
3. For Zoom option: Participant is required to have the ability to connect to the course via a computer with a camera & microphone so that they can be seen and heard as well as being able to see the instruction. Participants must clear their schedule to participate via Zoom at the required times.
4. All participants are required to have the appropriate materials available when joining the course. (Both TCF Adapted Program book and Tai Chi Mind & Body book).
5. Everyone will receive detailed instructions, in a timely manner, after registration and payment for the course is received.
6. Zoom links will be provided for virtual participants within the week before the course.
Click the file name below to download and print a PDF containing further details:
Registration for the in-person version of this Course (limit 8):
If the limit of 8 in-person attendances is reached, clicking on the link above will display a notification that the in-person training is full.
Registration for the Zoom version of this Course: