Tai Chi Prime Class Curriculum
Participants each have a chair by their side for Optional Side Support when needed. Traditional Mind Body Skills Training (e.g., centering, breath awareness, relaxation, and flow) are integrated into all movement training.
Classes meet for 90 minutes, 2x weekly for six weeks. Each class session follows a similar format and includes:
Opening: orientation to the day, questions/answers from last session (5 min).
- Warm-ups for flexibility and strength and Basic Moves instruction (building blocks for learning TCF Short Form) (20–30 min).
- Informal teatime: exercise break, conversation, community building. (10 min).
- Seated activities: qi gong instruction, home practice coaching, group discussion on a range of topics (20–30 min).
- TCF Short Form (instruction in a simplified Yang Style form) (20–25 min).
- Closing: reminders for home practice, next class preview and Group Circle (5 min).
“The pace was perfect – the teaching was very careful & precise. Good individual guidance. The other participants were delightful – I will miss them”
“… the quality of the instruction was tops!”
“The DVD helps so very much for home practice.”