Training Course categories are listed below. Click on a desired category name for a more specific list of scheduled courses.
Instructor: Patricia Culotti
CEU-Approved for 12 Contact hours
Prerequisites: Participation in Course One: TCF Adapted Program Basic Moves Training
Remote training is now available. See below for further details. Brochure and registration links are at the bottom of the page.
Course Description: Participants review Optional Side Support, Walker Support and Seated Versions of all Basic Moves and TCF Short Form Part 1, and learn all three versions of TCF Short Form Parts 2 and 3. Course includes Mind/body Skills training, partner teaching practicums, TCF applications for specific populations and training in sensing qi.The course includes program applications for wellness and rehab settings.
A Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants who have attended both days and have demonstrated ability to teach program elements. This course also qualifies as partial contact hours fulfillment for TCF Instructor Certification.
1) Learn Basic Moves & Short Form, Optional Side Support, Walker & Seated versions.
2) Teach Basic Moves and Short Form for all versions
3) Describe TCF’s rationale, biomechanics & functional benefits
4) Lead Centering, Breathing and Posture Awareness exercises
5) Apply Sequence for introducing Mind/body Skills
Audience: Anyone interested in learning the program for personal use, or wanting to teach this program. Physical and occupational therapists, PTAs, COTAs, nurses, activity directors, recreational and fitness professionals, tai chi and other martial arts Instructors, acupuncturists and integrative health practitioners.
The Tai Chi Fundamentals® Adapted Program includes instruction in three versions: Standing with Optional Side Support, Walker Support and Seated. An, accessible, adaptable program for learning tai chi, it is suitable for individuals with a wide range of abilities and can be modified to accommodate individual needs and interests.
Program Elements: All movements are taught in a simple-to-complex sequence for easy learning and have been modified for practice with optional side support, walker support and seated. All 3 versions include:
Development: in 2014 by Tricia Yu, MA based on need for a program that includes modifications for standing with support and seated applications.
Applications: Balance dysfunction, orthopedic and neurological rehabilitation, pain management, sports cross training, cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, medically complex, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and special populations. Use in hospitals, sub-acute, outpatient clinics, and home care. Teach groups of all ages, abilities and fitness levels in community wellness classes, health clubs, tai chi & martial arts schools, senior centers and long term care facilities.
1. This course will be offered both in-person and on Zoom. Please choose your preferred option when registering.
2. For in-person option: There is a limit of 8 people for the in-person training. We will all wear masks and observe social distancing. If there is unanimous agreement to not wear masks, this will be considered.
3. For Zoom option: Participant is required to have the ability to connect to the course via a computer with a camera & microphone so that they can be seen and heard as well as being able to see the instruction. Participants must clear their schedule to participate via Zoom at the required times.
4. All participants are required to have the appropriate materials available when joining the course. (Both TCF Adapted Program book and Tai Chi Mind & Body book).
5. Everyone will receive detailed instructions, in a timely manner, after registration and payment for the course is received.
6. Zoom links will be provided for virtual participants within the week before the course.
Click the file name below to download and print a PDF containing further details:
Registration for the in-person version of this Course (limit 8):
If the limit of 8 in-person attendances is reached, clicking on the link above will display a notification that the in-person training is full.
Registration for the Zoom version of this Course: