Tai Chi Fundamentals® Certification
Become a Tai Chi Instructor
Teaching Tai Chi is a great way to help make a difference in other people’s lives while keeping yourself balanced, flexible and strong in the process. Our instructor training is informative and inspirational, designed to give you effective tools and techniques for learning and teaching Tai Chi.
It will take you a few months of practice in order to master the Tai Chi Fundamentals® Program’s Basic Moves and Form well enough to become an effective teacher. The great news is: daily Tai Chi practice is good medicine for your mind and body. You need no special clothing or equipment, it takes just a few minutes every day, and you can practice almost anywhere!
Health care practitioner can begin applying the Basic Moves (AKA Movement Patterns) therapeutically immediately after completing Levels 1—2 trainings.
There are three levels of certification. See Certification Information PDF for complete information. Here are the Basics:
- Attend Professional Training Workshops Levels One, Two and Three and at least one Movement Intensive for a minimum of 30 contact hours.
- Practice on your own with program DVDs and Books and/or attend classes until you have mastered the training materials.
- Take a certification evaluation session with an Advanced Certified instructor. Once you have the go:
- Apply for Certification
- Complete the Written Exam
- Complete the Movement Test, A 1.5 hour one-on-one session with a Certification Reviewer: demonstrate proficiency in performing movements and knowledge of guidelines, benefits, program rationale and how to help do postural adjustments for students.