Tai Chi Fundamentals® (TCF), Tai Chi Prime, and Yang Style Tai Chi Training Courses
- This event has passed.
TCF Adapted Program Training Course, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
May 20, 2016 @ 11:30 am - May 21, 2016 @ 3:30 pm
Instructor: Patricia Culotti
WPTA CEU-Approved for 12 Contact hours.
The Tai Chi Fundamentals® Adapted Program includes instruction in three versions: Standing with Optional Side Support, Walker Support and Seated. An, accessible, adaptable program for learning tai chi, it is suitable for individuals with a wide range of abilities and can be modified to accommodate individual needs and interests.
Program Elements: All movements are taught in a simple-to-complex sequence for easy learning and have been modified for practice with optional side support, walker support and seated. All 3 versions include:
- Basic Moves: a series of exercises that trains postural alignment, body mechanics and energetic components of tai chi. Designed as building blocks for learning tai chi, they are taught in a simple-to-complex progression with discrete, measurable increments in difficulty.
- Tai Chi Fundamentals Short Form: a flowing sequence of tai chi movements based in Yang Style tai chi and adapted from the original Tai Chi Fundamentals® Form.
- Mind/Body Skills Training: integrated into both Basic Moves and Short Form instruction, fosters attention and focus, a calm observant state of mind, awareness of posture and breathing and physical relaxation. Characteristic of all traditional tai chi practice, Mind/Body Skills training helps foster the cultivation of healthy qi or vital energy.
Audience: Anyone interested in learning the program for personal use, or wanting to teach this program. Physical and occupational therapists, PTAs, COTAs, nurses, activity directors, recreational and fitness professionals, tai chi and other martial arts Instructors, acupuncturists and integrative health practitioners.
Development: in 2014 by Tricia Yu, MA based on need for a program that includes modifications for standing with support and seated applications.
1) Learn all three versions of TCF Adapted Program Basic Moves,
2) Teach all three versions of TCF Adapted Program Basic Moves.
3) Describe TCF’s rationale, biomechanics & functional benefits.
4) Lead Centering, Breathing and Posture Awareness exercises
5) Practice TCF Adapted Program Optional Side Support Short Form, Part One.
Applications:Balance dysfunction, orthopedic and neurological rehabilitation, pain management, sports cross training, cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, medically complex, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and special populations. Use in hospitals, sub-acute, outpatient clinics, and home care. Teach groups of all ages, abilities and fitness levels in community wellness classes, health clubs, tai chi & martial arts schools, senior centers and long term care facilities.
Click the file name below to download and print a PDF containing details, registration information, and more: