Tai Chi Fundamentals® (TCF), Tai Chi Prime, and Yang Style Tai Chi Training Courses
- This event has passed.
Course Three: Original TCF Form Training, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
June 5, 2020 - June 6, 2020
Instructor: Patricia Culotti
WPTA-Approved for 12 Contact hours.
Prerequisites: Proficiency in elements taught in Course One (formerly Levels 1-2)
NEW: See the following for details on virtual training. The late fee to register for this Course will only apply to registrations after May 24.
1. This course will be offered both in-person and on Zoom. Please choose your preferred option when registering.
2. For in-person option: There is a limit of 8 people for the in-person training. We will all wear masks and observe social distancing.
3. For Zoom option: Participant is required to have the ability to connect to the course via a computer with a camera & microphone so that they can be seen and heard as well as being able to see the instruction. Participants must clear their schedule to participate via Zoom at the required times.
4. All participants are required to have the appropriate materials available when joining the course. (Both TCF Adapted Program book and Tai Chi Mind & Body book).
5. Please see the adjusted schedule below for this course. Note the ending time change for Saturday. Zoom participants are required to attend all White (clear), Blue and Yellow highlighted times. Pink are breaks.
Course Description: Teaches all elements required for TCF Level Three Certification. Participants learn Parts 2 and 3 of the TCF Form and review all Basic Moves. Includes teaching practicums, techniques for using TCF with specific populations, advanced training in sensing qi and introduction to Energize exercises.
The course includes presentations by certified instructors on program applications in group wellness settings as well as therapeutic assessment and intervention tools. This course qualifies as partial contact hours fulfillment for TCF Instructor Certification Level Three.
The Tai Chi Fundamentals® Program (TCF) provides gateway to a Yang Style lineage tai chi form, and a bridge between tai chi practice and the medical model. The first program of its kind, it provides a clear, systematic approach for mastering tai chi basics that builds from simple to complex patterns of movement. Integrates mind/body components of tai chi with clinical overview, movement analysis, therapeutic & functional applications.
Program Elements: movements are taught in a motor development progression and can be modified for use with walkers and wheelchairs. Includes:
- Basic Moves: graded sequence of exercises that reinforce functional movements of tai chi form, and include basic elements of Qi Gong training. They have applications both as assessment and intervention tools.
- Fundamentals Form: sequence of simple to more complex movements of modified Yang Style Tai Chi.
- Mind/Body Skills: fostering mind/body integration, effective movement and sense of well-being.
Development: in 1996 by Tricia Yu, MA and Jill Johnson, MS, PT, targeting elements from traditional tai chi that enhance balance, coordination, strength and endurance.
The TCF Program has been featured in: PT Journal, Journal of Rehab Management, The Gerontologist, APTA’s GeriNotes, Medline Plus, Topics in Geriatric Rehabilitation. Journal of Asian Martial Arts, Wellness Program Management Advisor, American College of Sports Medicine’s Health and Fitness Journal, and Massage and Bodywork.
Click the file name below to download and print a PDF containing further details:
Click the link below to register for this Course: