Instructor Patricia Culotti
EU-Approved for 8 Contact hours
Prerequisite: Certification in the Tai Chi Fundamentals® Adapted Program (TCFA)
Qualifies for certification as a Tai Chi Prime Leader
Course Description: Prepares certified TCFA instructors to become leaders for the 6-week, twice-per-week, evidence-based Tai Chi Prime class series featuring instruction in the TCFA Program, Optional Side Support version and home practice coaching. Review and teach the Basic Moves, TCF Short Form, Mind/body skills and Everyday Qi Gong. Receive training in home practice coaching and leading group discussions.
1. Teach and adapt Basic Moves, TCF Short Form and Everyday Qi Gong.
2. Discuss published research on Tai Chi Prime as an evidence-based class.
3. Facilitate group home practice planning and coaching activities
4. Lead and manage group discussions effectively.
5. Teach the evidence-based Tai Chi Prime classes.
Tai Chi Prime classes can be taught through health care community outreach and other community-based wellness classes, VA settings, senior centers, health clubs and assisted living. For: wellness, balance, pain management, MS, Parkinson’s, conditions, neurological and autoimmune conditions, cancer, PTSD, TBI, and cardiovascular and respiratory diseases.
Development Supported by: Grants from the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research at University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2015-19.
Click file below to download PDF containing further details:
TCPrime Leader Training Brochure